Unanswered: DB2 Connect Unlimited Edition

v9.7 DB2 Connect Ulimited Edition for z/OS is licensed using the following charge metrics:

1) Host Server installs
    2) MSU

For 1) it says:

<removing until confirmed>

Do you know why non-production subsystems are included in the associated production subsystems?
    Last edited by db2girl; 02-17-12 at 21:16.

The real question is: Why does DB2 z/OS charge anything for a client, when DB2 LUW clients are all free? Its the same client code. So because of that, they probably think charging for test sub-system clients (if you have already paid for a production sub-system unlimited client license) is excessive. Personally, I think paying for any client license is excessive.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Hi db2girl,

what is the source for your Quote. I couldn't find the Sentence concerning Non Production subsystems.

I searched the License Agreement online:
    IBM Software license agreements - view license text
    see 2) Program Charges

For 1) non-production is included but
    For 2) you have to pay for both production and non-production

I was just wondering why some things are included and others are not.

nvk, I found this information in the presentations I have ("DB2 Connect Unlimited Edition" section). I just double checked and it's for DB2 Connect Unlimited Edition and not just DB2 Connect Unlimited Advanced Edition. But the License Agreement doc you provided doesn't state the same and only the Unlimited Advanced one has this info IBM US Announcement Letter

I don't know what info to use when estimating the cost... the official license docs must be accurate. Thanks.

I just noticed that the DB2 Connect presentation got recently updated, it mentions that the Announcement letter and License Text are not in sync. The License text incorrectly omitted the term "production" when counting Host Server licenses, so the Announcement letter is correct. I found the Announcement letter here (I hope this is the right one)
    IBM US Announcement Letter

It does mention that "Non production DB2 subsystems or DB2 Data Sharing Groups are included in the associated production DB2 subsystems or DB2 Data Sharing Groups host server license."