Unanswered: how to cascade combo box and adding from form to new table

hellloooo...

m new to access 2007...n making database of spares.which includes part no,main eqpt,nomenclature quantity and location. all these info is in main table(T_db1).i hav made a form..to issue any spare..it includs:
    part no
    main eqpt
    nomen

i want ,,whenevr i enter part no,..main eqpt,nomen,location shud b automaticlly come..i hav tried alot in cascading these combo boxes..bt :/

2nd problem is i want ,whenvr i issue any spare...this info is also save to anothr table...

neeed ur helpp..
    thanxxx
    Last edited by sania tariq; 02-16-12 at 04:00. Reason: to attach my db

i have attached my DB...
    Attached Files Attached Files

First things first, your database lacks normalisation (you have repeating information in it), which is considered bad. It uses more space, and as the database size increases, can potentially slow things down dramatically. It can also lead to more work, and more errors further down the line.

Look into 'Joins' and how to utilise them efficiently.

Secondly, your comboboxes are not named for what they are. 'combo13' isn't descriptive, and will give you a headache later on, especially if you have more than 5 on a form, or when your performing actions in another form, from your current form. Headaches all round.

Without attending to those matters (which I strongly suggest you do). Using something like the attached DB is what you're looking for?

I changed a few things, and am not sure why you want all the dropdown boxes, when something like a Label would be much more suitable (and require less code to implement).

Also, using the Form_Timer() event to cause a title to flash is a very bad idea... You'll want to use the Timer API instead if you want to implement that without causing a lot of issues down the line.
    Looking for the perfect beer...

it is not working :/.......i hav enterd part no...bt it gives alot of errors :/..

sorry..bt m new to thiss ...
    i just want a form to issue any spare from my store...n i hav all the data on a single table T_db1.
    form should hav following info
    part no.
    main eqpt
    nomenclature
    issued to group

n at the end it will save all dis info into new table T_db2..when i click OK button.. and take print of that form...

i hav to sbmit this database tomorrow..
    would be thankful to u..
    regards
    SANIA

Try this one...

Was working before I zipped it, must not of saved some of the changes correctly.

I don't understand what you want in terms of checking out the quantity from stock.

You have two text boxes? Which one should do what?
    Looking for the perfect beer...

hey thanx alot ...the combo boxes are working now ...

now u have seen two combo boxes
    quantity to be issued (suppose m issuing 5 items of abc spare,,n actually i have 100 of them...i want when i issued this form n press OK...this Issued quantity shud b subtracted from 100..and 'Quantity' field in table T_db1 is updated by 95)

issued to group: its a text field of 3 to 6 letters only i.e ABC..

i want when i press OK button ..the current FORM5 data should be save in T_db2..and by clicking on button "REport"..it shud generate report of FORM5..

hey one more thing..let suppose i have only 1 spare and i issued that spare to user..so that spare shud be deleted from T_db1..so that if user search that spare...the msg shud be popup that "Record not found"