Unanswered: How to reinstate my pervasive v8 licence

I had a Pervasive v8.6 Workgroup 8 user licence (yeah I know upgrade already ). Anyway I recently installed Pervasive Workgroup v9.6 to check it out and see whether an upgrade is indeed necessary. Unfortunately it seems to have "over written" my Pervasive v8.6 8 User licence with a temporary v9.6 5 User licence. I tried un-installing v9.6 and re-installing v8.6 and re-registering my app (Pastel Partner) but now Pastel doesn't recognize the Btrieve. Any suggestions how I can get back to v8.6 without any issues?

Provided Answers: 4
    Actually, the v8 and v9 (and v10 and v11) licenses do not conflict with each other or remove each other.
    Assuming, you have installed v8.6, installed v9.6, uninstalled v9.6, reinstalled v8.6, what error are you getting from Pastel?
    Have you tried any of the Pervasive tools (Function Executor, PCC, etc)? What does the License Administrator show for installed licenses?
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Thanks Mirtheil for the quick response (as always).

I guess the question I would like to ask is how can I get rid of the Error 161 (maximum user count exceeded) when more than five workstations try to access my database server. The v9.6 licence is a 5 User Temporary one while the v8.6 licence is an 8 User Permanent one. Basically how do I get the workstations to authenticate access using the permanent v8.6 8 User licence instead of the v9.6 temporary 5 user licence?

What does the license administrator show for the licenses? Can you post a screen shot?
    The v9 and v8 licenses should not (and usually do not) interact with each other.
    If you uninstalled v9 and have v8 installed and running, it should be picking up the v8 license. Can you also verify the v9 got removed and you really are using v8?
    Mirtheil Software

Pervasive license requirements

what is/are the license requirements necessary for upgrading from 32 bit to 64 bit? thank you!

@Harram,
    You really should start a new thread. If you are asking what is required to upgrade your PSQL v11 from 32 bit to 64 bit, you would need a new license key from Pervasive (or your vendor). You will have to pay for the license.
    Mirtheil Software