Unanswered: SA User in SQL Server Express

I am trying to create a SQL Server Express database. The problem is that after I install SQL Server Express on my computer then went in to run my create database script it failed because I did not have rights to.

Note, I am a Domain Admin on my domain and I am using NT Authentication on my SQL Server Express.

So I went into the Security and there are only two users:

BULTIN\USERS
    SA

I made sure my AD user name was a member of BULTIN\USERS, logged off and back on, but still no rights. So I looked at the roles for BULTIN\USERS and see that this group only has "public" no "sysdba". The SA user however does have the "sysdba" that I need so I then disconnected and reconnected using SQL Authentication and tried SA but it says, "The User is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection."

Any help on how I can get more rights to the SQL Server Express?

Provided Answers: 54
    Which version of Microsoft Windows are you using to run which version of SQL Express?

The quick and easy answer is just to reinstall SQL Express and make your AD account an administrator within SQL Express. There are other solutions, but the exact details vary quite a bit depending on configuration issues.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Thanks, I did what you said which was to uninstall and reinstall but not to use the defaults when going through the wizard. I noticed that you have to select MIXED MODE in order to use the SA user or you can specify an AD user when using Windows Authentication. I opted for the latter.

Thanks.