Thread: SSIS Export

Talking Unanswered: SSIS Export

I am new to SSIS.

I am trying to export SSIS Package from MSDB and geting the below error message:

Executed as user: MS229\SYSTEM. ...rsion 9.00.3042.00 for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 2:26:44 PM Error: 2012-02-20 14:26:45.10 Code: 0xC0016016 Source: Description: Failed to decrypt protected XML node "DTS:Password" with error 0x8009000B "Key not valid for use in specified state.". You may not be authorized to access this information. This error occurs when there is a cryptographic error. Verify that the correct key is available. End Error Error: 2012-02-20 14:26:45.34 Code: 0xC001000E Source: ExportEvents Description: The connection "PP.MM" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found. End Error Error: 2012-02-20 14:26:45.34 Code: 0xC001000E Source: ExportEvents Description: The connection "picissql.medsurg" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specif... The package execution fa... The step failed.

Provided Answers: 6
    I do some SSIS every once in a while. It looks you have a few errors here. Hopefully fixing the easy one will fix the hard one. have you opened the package and tested your connection objects. PP.MM and picissql.medsurg? If those are fine, we need to talk about the crypo function.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Provided Answers: 10
    Our OP hit the wrong button so this reply didn't make it here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayamu
    PP.MM and picissql.medsurg? PP.MM is the same as picissql.medsurg. I was changing the name for security reason. I end up changing just on. Just thought i make this clear before we move on.

Thanks!
    George
    Home | Blog

Wink SSIS Package fail error

I have created an SSIS package to copy the data from an Oracle database to SQL Server 2005. The package runs sucessfully from Visual Studio 2005. When I try to run the package from the SQL Agent it starts successfully, but then fails when trying to copy the data from the srever into my SQL Server staging table. The full error I receive is:

Executed as user: MS229\SYSTEM. ...rsion 9.00.3042.00 for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 2:26:44 PM Error: 2012-02-20 14:26:45.10 Code: 0xC0016016 Source: Description: Failed to decrypt protected XML node "DTS:Password" with error 0x8009000B "Key not valid for use in specified state.". You may not be authorized to access this information. This error occurs when there is a cryptographic error. Verify that the correct key is available. End Error Error: 2012-02-20 14:26:45.34 Code: 0xC001000E Source: ExportEvents Description: The connection "picissql.medsurg" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found. End Error Error: 2012-02-20 14:26:45.34 Code: 0xC001000E Source: ExportEvents Description: The connection "picissql.medsurg" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specif... The package execution fa... The step failed.

I'd guess that the SQLAgent account does not have the appropriate permissions.
    George
    Home | Blog

SSIS job fail to run

Quote Originally Posted by gvee View Post
    I'd guess that the SQLAgent account does not have the appropriate permissions.

I have three jobs to run the first step (job 1) run fine it is step two (second job) that fail:

Source: Description: Failed to decrypt protected XML node "DTS:Password" with error 0x8009000B "Key not valid for use in specified state.". You may not be authorized to access this information. This error occurs when there is a cryptographic error. Verify that the correct key is available. End Error Error: 2012-02-22 15:19:50.62 Code: 0xC001000E Source: ExportEs Description: The connection "pp.Med" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found. End Error Error: 2012-02-22 15:19:50.62 Code: 0xC001000E Source: ExportEs Description: The connection " pp.Med " is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specif... The package execution fa... The step failed.

Read the error message
    Source: Description: Failed to decrypt protected XML node "DTS:Password" with error 0x8009000B "Key not valid for use in specified state.". You may not be authorized to access this information. This error occurs when there is a cryptographic error. Verify that the correct key is available. End Error Error: 2012-02-22 15:19:50.62 Code: 0xC001000E Source: ExportEs Description: The connection "pp.Med" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found. End Error Error: 2012-02-22 15:19:50.62 Code: 0xC001000E Source: ExportEs Description: The connection " pp.Med " is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specif... The package execution fa... The step failed.
    You don't have permission to something that step of the job accesses
    George
    Home | Blog

Red face SSIS package fail

How am i to correct this problem any help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayamu View Post
    I have created an SSIS package to copy the data from an Oracle database to SQL Server 2005. The package runs sucessfully from Visual Studio 2005. When I try to run the package from the SQL Agent it starts successfully, but then fails when trying to copy the data from the srever into my SQL Server staging table. The full error I receive is:

Executed as user: MS229\SYSTEM. ...rsion 9.00.3042.00 for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 2:26:44 PM Error: 2012-02-20 14:26:45.10 Code: 0xC0016016 Source: Description: Failed to decrypt protected XML node "DTS:Password" with error 0x8009000B "Key not valid for use in specified state.". You may not be authorized to access this information. This error occurs when there is a cryptographic error. Verify that the correct key is available. End Error Error: 2012-02-20 14:26:45.34 Code: 0xC001000E Source: ExportEvents Description: The connection "picissql.medsurg" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found. End Error Error: 2012-02-20 14:26:45.34 Code: 0xC001000E Source: ExportEvents Description: The connection "picissql.medsurg" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specif... The package execution fa... The step failed.

Provided Answers: 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayamu View Post
    How am i to correct this problem any help!!
    Two possible solutions jump to mind:

Ask someone with appropriate permissions to review the security logs on the target (source) server to see what errors occur when you run this SSIS package.

Review the SSIS package to see which objects it accesses on the target (source) server. Check to see which identity is being used when the SSIS package is being run. Find the permissions which are missing for for that identity for those actions performed by the SSIS package on the target objects.

Neither of these operations is terribly difficult, but they can be time consuming. If you can get access to the security logs, that answer is easy. If you work out the list of permissions that are needed and get those assigned for the indentiity running the SSIS package, you'll only need to fix things once.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.