Unanswered: Cascading Combos

Good Evening. I have a form with three sets of cascading combo boxes.
    1st set consists of genres which controls selection of Sub-genres.
    2nd set consists of classification which controls selection of sub-classification.
    3rd set consists of Continent which controls selection of Country which in turn controls selection of Location.
    All combo boxes are unbound.
    There are 3 bound text fields (ID, Title and Location)
    There are 2 bound combo boxes (artist and composer).
    My problem is this. Once I use the cascading combo boxes to make a selection that selection appears the same in all following records.
    i.e. 1st cascade genres reads Folk, sub-genres reads NO SUB GENRES
    2nd cascade classification reads TRAVEL, sub-classifiaction reads TRAIN
    3rd cascade continent reads AUSTRALASIA, country reads AUSTRALIA location reads NULLABOR.
    These entries will show on all the records and if i change one or all entries on any record (I have 5 at the moment) the change appears in all records.
    The object of this database, which is my first attempted at creating my own, is to hold information on all the music i have for use in the sound tracks of homemade holiday and travel DVD's. I am a complete novice at databases but have managed to get this far with books and online documention. Ultimately i will want to be able to search by selected criteria and previes a tune prior to inporting it into my video editing programme. Hence any help wouldbe greatly appreciated.

Provided Answers: 6
    Historically cascading combos haven't worked in continuous or datasheet forms. My friend A.D. has a solution here:

Form_ContWithCascadedCombo.mdb - Roger's Access Library
    Form_CascadedCombosOnDatasheets - Roger's Access Library
    Paul

Smile Thanks

Dear pbaldy thank you for the assisting with my combo box difficulties. I have decided to hold the required data in different manner. Again many thanks.

Provided Answers: 6
    Happy to help.
    Paul