Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In need of help

Unanswered: In need of help

Hi guys im in dire need of help ive got so far now with my site i have not got a clue were to go next.
    I keep getting mysql errors heres the link to my site hopefully you guys can help me out

Manager Arena - Online football (soccer) web-based manager

Provided Answers: 10
    Well you appear to be trying to select data from objects that don't exist...
    George
    Home | Blog

You mean objects that dont exist in the sql file

Looking at this, the username suggests that this is a hosted account. Are you sure that the username (u193378798_ma) that you are using has access to the database in which you have the tables?
    Ronan Cashell
    Certified Oracle DBA/Certified MySQL Expert (DBA & Cluster DBA)
    http://www.it-iss.com
    Follow me on Twitter

Ye im sure because earlier i got messages couldnt connect to database.

If anybody can help im willing to pm loggin details to cpanel as its only a test server at the moment to see if i can get it going to how i want it.

Provided Answers: 59
    what attempts have you made to set up the database schema (the tables, columns and indexes?)

did you use DDL flavour of SQL or did you use s tool such as PHPMyAdmin?

can we see a list of the tables in the database, not the tables as designed, but a screen shot of the actual tables residing in the actual db
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I used phpmyadmin
    I imported the database i didnt make it.
    ive added the database in a zip file and attached it to message

print screen as broke on my laptop so i cant take a picture
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by minky67; 02-22-12 at 10:15.

OK we are trying to find out why you cannot connect to your db
    at present we don't know if you db works, we dont' know what tables are in it
    we don't know if any of your db coide is working or not
    we don't know if your ISP has set up the account correctly so that you cna connect to the db, select the database and so on.

just looking very quickly at your table structure I can see no reference to the tables which are reported as not available on your sample page
    such as u193378798_fb.l1_settings

incidentally you may want to take down that zip and delete or mask any of the personal data in there

what you have got is 12 tables
    all prefixed ma_

I'm guessing u193378798_fb.l1_settings should read as ma_settings
    as to what table u193378798_fb.l1_ refers to I haven't got a clue
    either you need to go back to the source of this structure or work out what is mssing.

There is nothing important in the database but i think i know what the problem is now ill keep you posted

Quote Originally Posted by minky67 View Post
    There is nothing important in the database but i think i know what the problem is now ill keep you posted
    are you certain?
    such things as email addresses

I'd agree the data is nothing important

ferinstance:-
    there's redundant data (eg the Arse's old stadium, Highbury is there AND the new stadium The Emirates) St James park is now know as The sports Direct.

There's no reference that I can see to the best (truth to be told the ONLY) premiership team in Manchester. I'll give you a hint its not the scum that play in the swamp in Salford.

No im still at a loss with this i have not got a clue what to try next it seems to me that the database as been exported from another site.
    And also seems the database is not fully there.

i have no idea were .l1_settings comes from.
    Would it help if i put a link to the whole package script maybe you could spot something my noobie brain cant.

Now more problems looks like the fre host i was using as cut me off without even a email informing me.
    Not going to pay for hosting until i know i can get the script to work any idea guys.

if you want to prove the thing is working then consider installing it on your own computer.
    Guessing your level of experience I'd suggest you download the Apache webserver + php + MySQL from the XAMPP site
    then copy your application files (the .php & html files) that make up your website into the appropriate locatin on your apache installation, almost certainly zxampp\htdocs or \xamp\apache\htdocs
    find out from who ever you have grabbed the scripts from if they have an installation script (one that creates the db, the tabels and so on. If so run it, if not then youwill have to create the db

I'd suggest you download mySQL workbench, run it, log on as root with no password
    create a database / schema
    although in an ideal world you should never run any software with the default settigns / default user account, and escxpecailly not the all powerfull root user account I don' thtink it matters for this. but I woudl recommend that you consider creating a sepcific user account and granting it the relevant permissions to the schema / database.

in work bench connect to the local instance of your mysql server.. that'd be 'localhost', user 'root' password nothing
    open a script tab
    find the .sql fiel that you zipped in post #7
    on the first blank line in that script file add the following
    Code:
    use mydatabase;
    where my database id the name of the database or schema you created earlier. so if you called it footyapp then
    Code:
    use footyapp;
    execute the script (look for a lightening bolt on the toolbar)

then open a SQL tab
    type
    Code:
    use footyapp;
    show tables;
    the ; tells the SQL engine thats the end of a statement (so there's two statements in the above snippet

then alter your application scripts to reflect that the database is called whatevery you called it, say footyapp in place of the user id

im guessing there will be some configuration script in your applciation which tells the application:-
    what server to connect to:- localhost
    what database to use:- whatever you have called it
    what user account to use
    what password to use

healdem thankyou for all your help ill get started on it today but may need to pick your brains on the way.
    Last edited by minky67; 02-23-12 at 06:07.

Here are all the files maybe you see something i dont.