Unanswered: DB2 Z/os V9 unload via template

I'm trying to setup a ad-hoc job to unload subset of tables (200) via a template in to a partition dataset using DB2 utility(DB2 v9 z/os). I would like to assign tablespace name as the member name for PUNCHDDN on a partition dataset.

TEMPLATE PUNCHDS DSN '&USERID..TEST.&DB.(&TS.) '
    UNIT SYSDA DISP (NEW,CATLG,DELETE)
    SPACE (1,1) CYL

above template is valid and get the error that it's invalid for multiple tablespaces. Is it possible to create a template for a PDS via template please ?

Apologies, I meant the above template is 'invalid' .

Provided Answers: 1
    I don't know that you can do what your are attempting. According to the manual:

"No variable substitution is performed within the parenthetical expression."

So the use of (&TS.) will not be substituted.

I have a bit of a hard time understanding why you would want to do that. Unloading into multiple data sets has the advantage that each partition can be handled completely independent of all others since each partition is going to a different data set. With a PDS or PDS/E, you'd unload into the same data set, which will have at least some contention when it comes to using secondary allocations.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Thanks for both of you for your feed back. The reason I'm doing this is to merge all SYSPUNCH in to one dataset and to run the load as a single job in the target environment.

I thought this is possible as some people has commented that they have used this method in the past. Most probably my PDS allocation is incorrect.