Unanswered: DB2 execute query from remote AIX server to database server?

I have two servers Ser1 for application and Ser2 for database, I want to access database from application Ser1 through OS console, could anyone help to provide script to access remote database?
    Details are as:
    Servers OS: AIX
    Database: DB2
    Database Client not installed on application server.

Provided Answers: 11
    if client is not installed on ser1 : no db2 access with command line - online java type4 and you still need the class files
    client must be installed for os console access - can be downloaded for free
    and later see :
    Updating the directories with information about remote database server computers
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Is it possible to achieve this requirement through JDBC or ODBC driver and use that driver to connect the remote database server without client installed on other server.

Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..

No-one ever tried this with db2? Database Proxying (Programming the Perl DBI) Looks like a 'functional equivalent' of the JDBC-type 4 driver.

Someone should try it and then present the results at Scott's Nightshow

Please correct me if I am wrong that after installed java 4 type driver, will able to connect DB2 remote database through console and this will not require to installed DB2 client on machine.

db2champ ??
    please read some doc before repeating the question 10 times ..
    if you mean console : I thinks of putty session .. for this you need client
    if using a java appl from console you need the drivers and create a type-4 connection from within this java appl...

Am looking to create cron Job on AIX server to access data from remote database server.
    But client server have not DB2 client installed so I am looking some alternate of that.

I see two options have been suggested :
    a) Perl-DBI
    b) JDBC Type-4

Links have been provided for both options.
    With cron you can scheule to run either of the above apps.

Which part do you need more info on ?

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

I need more info for b) JDBC Type-4, What are the things I will have to follow to use JDBC Type-4. Driver installation, any configuration etc.

You did consider to read the manuals first?
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Fair enough:
    IBM Download Fix Packs by version for IBM Data Server Client Packages - United States
    to download JDBC driver.

Pass the download on to your developer. Any developer will know how to use the contents of the file. If (s)he doesn't, time for the pink slip.

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Thanks Sathyaram.