Smile Unanswered: My First Database Design

The business logic, is the calculated body mass index. The user is prompted to to enter, weight, Height, and my C# program calculate the body mass index, and stores that in the database. The original table included all three tables, and I used functional dependency to break them between three tables.
    There is many-to-one relationship between WeightStatus and HealthRisk tables and many-to-many between WeightStatus to Players tables. My goal was to remove update, deletion, insertion anomalies, but I am not quit sure if I have really achieved that. Don't worry about tables BodyMassIndex and HealthRiskStatus, they are independent helper data tables.

Can someone give some feedback on my First database design?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Players.jpg  
    Last edited by samijohn; 02-27-12 at 19:17.

Provided Answers: 4
    Can someone give some feedback on my First database design?
    Nice drawing.

Would you care to explain what it should model, what the business requirements are, business logic, ....?

I can assume/tell it has something to do with Body Mass Index, but nothing beyond that.
    With kind regards . . . . . SQL Server 2000/2005/2012
    Wim

Grabel's Law: 2 is not equal to 3 -- not even for very large values of 2.
    Pat Phelan's Law: 2 very definitely CAN equal 3 -- in at least two programming languages

Provided Answers: 2
    I really think that a "player" might have several risks. So, in the WeightStatus table you should have a composite PK: PlayersID + HealthRiskID
    Florin Aparaschivei
    DB2 9.7, 10.5 on Windows
    Iasi, Romania

Quote Originally Posted by aflorin27 View Post
    I really think that a "player" might have several risks. So, in the WeightStatus table you should have a composite PK: PlayersID + HealthRiskID
    I agree with you. A player may have multiple heathrisk ids and if that is the case, he can't have Duplicate player ID in the table. Hence, combination of playerid + healthriskid to make a composite primary key would be better, I feel.