Unanswered: New form not carrying over info from cbo box selection

I have a form (frmEntry) that works as a data entry for the record information (tblSensitives). This form has a combobox (cboLookState) that when a state is selected, information from that set of records loads into 2 other fields (cboStateConsentNeeded and txtStateRegs) on the form.

On my switchboard (frmSwitch), I have a button (cmdEdit Record) that when clicked pulls up a parameter query to enter the last name. This opens up a form (frmLastNameSearch) which is a copoy of the Entry form.

All of these steps work well, except for the information not continuing to show in the cboStateConsentNeeded and txtStateRegs fields.

I am using Access 2003.
    Unfortunately, I cannot share the DB, but I can provide screenshots if needed.

Thank you!

Richmond, Virginia USA
    Provided Answers: 19
    If you want Controls to be record-appropriate, i.e. show data for a given Record when moving off the Record and then back to it, within a session, or when moving to that Record after having closed the Form and then re-opening it, the Controls have to be Bound to Fields in the underlying Table. Yours obviously are not.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007