Can Someone Point me to an InfoPath / SharePoint forum?

This may be the wrong context / forum but I am deployed, and I am facing implementing a new attribute to SharePoint using an InfoPath form to export data and yep, I am left holding the bag. (or rather have been given an "opportunity" ) Here is the short version of what I am attempting:

1) Do you know of an InfoPath forum similar to this one where this question has more relevancy?

2) I have questions regarding creating an InfoPath form, then exporting data FROM SharePoint if condition X is true. Only the record(s) that have condition X as being true, (a specific field actually being set to 1 [Yes]) need to be exported to an InfoPath template stored in a SharePoint library. End goal is being able to convert the file [results] to a PDF and print it (and yes kill another tree) and have the printed form signed by the command element.

It seems straight forward but it is not. Normally a user fills out the InfoPath form and the values are passed to the database via the XML schema or using a secondary datasource (in this case SharePoint fields from a list), I need to reverse it as our users do the work in SharePoint, make a decision about a specific record and then want to export the decision (values of the record) to a InfoPath Form that can then be printed / converted to a PDF and stored as a document. Yes I am going thru the help files but there are traps.

Any pointers to the right forum would be great. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by jstpierre; 03-07-12 at 01:39.
    Fighting Terror One Query @ a Time

Maybe it's just me, but WHERE is the data stored?
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Brett,

Thanks for getting back with me. Here is the Use Case:

Assume this is a corporate environment using SharePoint 2007

1) Records are added to SharePoint by our internal customers as a request for products or services.
    2) Each record is unique, has it's own ID number (not system ID, but administratively assigned in a field, [of course there is a system number])
    3) Details about the request / record are matured over a period of time. (say a week or so)
    4) Management wants to electronically review specific records and managers from each department will vote Yeah or Nay to approve the expense.
    5) These specific records (for electronic review and voting) are pulled into a View from a SharePoint List. ( I have a boolean field Yes / No if it is to be set for electronic vote bringing it into the view)
    6) The URL of the specific view is sent to the voting members.
    7) Voting managers open the view (in data sheet mode- I know yikes from a security perspective) , cast their vote and make comments (sadly the field is set to "Multiple Lines of Text" and appears to not be a valid field for selection or display in InfoPath Secondary Datasets). [Bear in mind you are dealing with a NOOB when it comes to Info Path].
    8) Consider the request voted on and decided.
    9) GOAL: Export the results of the record or records voted on to a form that looks and feels like the regular form they use for meetings. Store the form in a SharePoint Library, be able to print or convert the form to a PDF.

Thinking this through some more, I understand from reading countless help files on InfoPath that the normal form intent is that users normally fill out the information in a form, given specific choices about certain fields, (in this case, Approve, Disapprove, Need More Information) and Comment about the item of concern and their results are stored in the list within SharePoint.

I do believe that the cleaner approach (and safer) is to somehow design an InfoPath form that is stored at the source (in a document library), have a workflow kick off and send the form itself to the Voting Managers via an email group. The results of the vote on the record are tallied and displayed in a single source of record form.

I know I appear to rambling but I realize that there are multiple ways to skin this cat. One other MAJOR issue I am having in InfoPath is creating the form, but when I add controls, they are of the repeating nature, and It wants to display thousands of records. I only want the ones to display where eVote is true.

Bear in mind based on my signiture line where I am and that connectivity is limited and viewing video tutorials is completely out of the question, policy wise and bandwidth wise.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

More Questions than actual info...still stuck

beyond Google
    I doubt you are going to get that much help.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I am finding that out sir. I found the rules section of the InfoPath form and added a rule if X value = "1" then populate the rest of the fields in the form. I had to add them one at a time (each field) but this is clearly or appears to be clearly a rule for "On Submit".

Sigh...

Jim