Unanswered: Import from ixf file in Table which have more columns

I would like to import data from ixf file into a table which have 2 more columns.
    Is any db2 statement which make possible to import data from ixf file into the table which has two more columns and update 2 other columns with particular value ?

Thanks
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by rshehu View Post
    I would like to import data from ixf file into a table which have 2 more columns.
    Is any db2 statement which make possible to import data from ixf file into the table which has two more columns and update 2 other columns with particular value ?

Thanks
    Ross
    As far as I know you cannot do this in one step. You can import the data like:

import from f.ixf of ixf insert into T (c1, c2)

Note that you need to drop any not null constraints for remaining columns. Then update, and restore constraints that where dropped.

Another option, import data to temp table and do a merge from there.

If you have access to the export process you can add the "missing" columns there.

/Lennart

Import from ixf file in Table which have more columns

Hi Lennart,

I was having the same idea but I thought I might be able to import from .ixf file and in the same time to add two more columns in the table.
    I was having problems when I imported to a copy temporal table because of NULL constraint.
    In this temporal Table I can remove this constrain.
    Thanks!!
    Ross