Unanswered: SAMP Installation Error

I am installing DB2 V9.5 FP7 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 (Santiago) 64 bit and getting error saying prerequisites not met.

prereqSAM: The operating system has a version that is not supported.

As far as I know this component is only for Automating HADR (The server will have HADR database) failover or do I have to install it to support a HADR database ? Can not upgrade to 9.7 or any other versions (Development/Test is not ready).

Thank you.

Provided Answers: 11

tsa

yes tsa is only needed if automating hadr takeover....
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Thank you............

You can specify "-f NOTSAMP" with db2_install (if SAMP is not needed)

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by przytula_guy View Post
    yes tsa is only needed if automating hadr takeover....
    It's a bit more than that. TSAMP is a cluster manager and is responsible for more than just initiating the takeover. The first thing it does is detect the need for takeover. It will also manage other, non-DB2 aspects of takeover, such as reassignment of IP addresses etc. If you don't install TSAMP you will still have to implement all these activities somehow.

Thank you for the detailed info. It is not a clustered server. Do you think if I try to install DB2 V9.7, would this error go away ?. Is there a link/document where you can direct me about requirements/prerequisets of the SAMP ?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mdx34; 03-15-12 at 09:40.

Ok. I found the documents. It is not supported on Red Heat Linux 6.2. It has to be DB2 V9.7.

Thanks.