Unanswered: DB2 Store Procedure - Two Phase commit

I have stored procedure which is running in system which will read data from system region and insert data into the unit region table. I am getting an SQLCODE -817 when executing the stored procedure. This looks to be an issue with the two phase commit. Can somebody tell me how can i insert data into another location by sitting in one region in a DB2 Stored procedure? Is there any parameter/options which I need to set to accomplish this?

-817 THE SQL STATEMENT CANNOT BE EXECUTED BECAUSE THE STATEMENT WILL
    RESULT IN A PROHIBITED UPDATE OPERATION.

You have to give more information - atleast

DB2 Version and
    Platform

You say , you are inserting data in another region. Give details of that region also.

=
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

DB2 version is 9 running in IBM Mainframe Z/OS

I mean copying data from system region (DB2V) and then inserting into unit region (DB2T) . The stored procedure is created in system (DB2V) and it is bound to unit region (DB2T) also.

Please let me know if you need additional info.

Gopu

cut and paste your "from table name" statements.
    Dick Brenholtz, Ami in Deutschland

I am using dynamic sql's in my stored procedure because the db2 schema and location are dynamic and needs to be changes based on the requirements of the caller. This stored procedure is called from a COBOL program running unser CICIS or under IMS in batch under Mainframe.

v_sql = 'select col1, col2 from' || source_schema || '.' || table1;
    prepare stmt1 from v_sql
    fetch cur1 into variables ...

v_insert1 = 'insert into tagert_loc || '.' || target_schema || '.' || table1'
    '(col1,col2) values v_col1, v_col2)'

execute immediate v_insert1;

Note: The above is just an illustration of what I am doing in my stored procedure.

The stored procedure is running in system region(DB2V) and the above select is also happening against the system tables in DB2V so both are in the same DB2 region, but the insert happens in the target region which is in UNIT(DB2T) and has a different DB2 location (ABCDB2T) and that is why we give the three part qualifier for the insert statement. We are getting -817 when we try to insert because it is going to insert into a different region. Please help me in rectifying this issue and tell me how can we do two phase commit process from a stored procedure, what are the setup requirements or do we have to set some parameters before running the stored procedure in the main COBOL driver module?

Can anybody help me on this?