Unanswered: Microsoft Business intelligence studio - install???

i am new to data warehousing, how can i install business intelligence studio. i am having sqlserver2008R2 and visual studio 2008 and 2010. can anyone tell me the ways to start BI and how to become master in datawarehous.. thanks in advance

Provided Answers: 1
    What is your current background, skill level, experience?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

currently i am working as a oracle developer, used to write stored procedures for business reports. i will be assigning into a new project this month. this will be the data warehousing... having 2 years of experience and 6 months of experienece in .net. totally 2.5 years...

Provided Answers: 1
    Read up on the methodologies of Bill Inmon and Brian Kimball.
    Experienced DBAs tend to prefer Inmon's approach. Managers seem to prefer Kimball's, because it makes a smooth and easy sales pitch. But you need to be aware of both approaches.

Datawarehousing has less to do with design and optimization that it does with politics, policies, and procedures. The one absolute important rule, which I never seem to hear stressed, is that your data warehouse must remain adaptable. If the design gets frozen ("we can't make table changes, because we don't know what it would break"), then you no longer have a datawarehouse. You have a data junkyard.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com