Unanswered: DB2 Restore Redirect.

I have a Database that is deployed on both test and production servers and has the same table space and container paths.

The problem is that I have to create a replica of the production DB on the test server while keeping the test server intact.. Kinda like a data refresh that I take a backup from production and restore it as db1 on the test server.

I know that to restore successfully I need to change the container paths using restore redirect. I am using the restore redirect generate utility to generate the script.

But the issue I am facing is that it is not generating the update container path statement for the system created table spaces i.e
    SYSCATSPACE
    SYSTOOLSPACE
    SYSTOOLSTMPSPACE
    TEMPSPACE

What do to here. If i restore this will give a conflict I think.. Help plz...

Quote Originally Posted by junaid377 View Post
    I have a Database that is deployed on both test and production servers and has the same table space and container paths.

The problem is that I have to create a replica of the production DB on the test server while keeping the test server intact.. Kinda like a data refresh that I take a backup from production and restore it as db1 on the test server.

I know that to restore successfully I need to change the container paths using restore redirect. I am using the restore redirect generate utility to generate the script.

But the issue I am facing is that it is not generating the update container path statement for the system created table spaces i.e
    SYSCATSPACE
    SYSTOOLSPACE
    SYSTOOLSTMPSPACE
    TEMPSPACE

What do to here. If i restore this will give a conflict I think.. Help plz...
    These default tablespaces would have been created with automatic storage. therefore there is no need to redirect them .. You can define the auto storage path in the restore command's ON option.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.