Unanswered: Failed to start the apply program

Greetings,
    Recently I failed to start up the Apply program created in my DB2 replication environment. The following error was captured in the log file:

2012-03-19-15.21.45.146000 <CPCIMPC(08/07)> ASN1045I APPLY "CRSQUAL" : "Initial" : The Apply version "9.1.0" program was started using database "DB2LIVE".
    2012-03-19-15.26.47.055000 <asnThread::stop> ASN0590I "Apply" : "CRSQUAL" : "Initial" The thread "Initial" received return code "2011" from the exiting thread "WorkerThread".
    2012-03-19-15.26.49.068000 <asnThread::stop> ASN0590I "Apply" : "CRSQUAL" : "Initial" The thread "Initial" received return code "2011" from the exiting thread "HoldLThread".
    2012-03-19-15.26.49.068000 <asnThread::stop> ASN0590I "Apply" : "CRSQUAL" : "Initial" The thread "Initial" received return code "2011" from the exiting thread "AdminThread".
    2012-03-19-15.26.49.068000 <Asnenv:delEnvIpcQRcvHdl> ASN0595I "Apply" : "CRSQUAL" : "Initial" The program removed an IPC queue with keys "(Global\OSSEIPC48tempDB2.DB2LIVE.CRSQUAL.APP. IPC, Global\OSSEIPC49tempDB2.DB2LIVE.CRSQUAL.APP.IPC, Global\OSSEIPC50tempDB2.R7D".
    2012-03-19-15.26.49.068000 <_asnApply> ASN1097I APPLY "CRSQUAL" : "Initial". The Apply program stopped.

When I did a full refresh, data was able to sync from source to target server but after that the apply program stopped. Does anybody know what could be the problem here? I am running DB2 v9.1 (FP3) on Windows Server 2008. Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 11

apply

you can start the apply with trcflow to activate a trace and get more detailed messages
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply. I am getting the following in the trcflow trace file:

--- Process next subscription (2) ---
    MAIN: CURRTSRVRTYPE is SQL, CURRTSRVRVERSION is 09
    CPGCST: Control server timestamp is 2012-03-19-17.15.13.810000
    R1NES: No eligible named event subscription at this moment
    R1RTS: No eligible relative timer driven subscription at this moment
    ApplyWorker: files_allocated is -1; lf_allocated is -1; dlf_allocated is -1
    ApplyWorker: totalrc is 0. totalcf is 0.
    2012-03-19-18.15.19.944000 ASN1097I APPLY "CRSQUAL" : "Initial". The Apply program stopped.

What does it actually mean? Thanks in advance.

as the message indicates
    No eligible named event subscription at this moment
    check the subscription table and see if any is activated
    also the setting if continuously or interval......
    all details in sql replication guide.....
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..

Hi,
    I am currently using DB2 replication center and I have tried to deactivate and activate back the subscription set (I have only 1 subscription set) but no success. Do I need to do it manually and not from the replication center?
    Thanks in advance.

check the table to see if it is active and what type of definition you added for this subscr.
    ONLY use replication center todo the definitions, but always verify the base tables..
    ALSO : SEE the doc to check why-how???

Hi,
    Actually I have subscribed all tables to this subscription and and it's managed to replicate from the source to target after I did a full refresh but after that the apply program just stopped. The following was captured in the asnLOADxxx.msg file:

Connect to database DB2PROD - connect successful

INF: Apply passed load_type NULL, so need to determine default loadx_type
    WRN: Crossloader could be appropriate for this environment, but
    will not be used, because of a non existing or incorrect nickname in the control
    table ASN.IBMSNAP_SUBS_MEMBR
    Create a nickname for the source table in the target database
    and insert this name (loadx_src_n_owner and loadx_src_n_table) in the ASN.IBMSNAP_SUBS_MEMBR
    INF: ASNLOAD has set loadx_type to 4 (export/load)
    The loadx_type has been successfully verified

Connect to database DB2PROD - connect successful

Export
    -- Started at: "2012/03/19 22:39:03"
    INF: Return from EXPORT: rc is 0, sqlcode is 0
    ESTAT: 10681 Rows exported
    Export successful

Connect to database DB2LIVE - connect successful

Load
    -- Started at: "2012/03/19 22:39:03"
    INF: LOAD - using conventional load
    LSTAT: Rows loaded 10681, Rows committed 0
    LOAD successful

*** Exiting ASNLOAD : Return Code is: 0
    -- Ended at: "2012/03/19 22:39:36"

You would noticed that the load was successful but after that the apply program just stopped. Thanks in advance.

LAST UPDATE/ANSWER
    check the subscr table to see if it is active and what type of definition you added for this subscr.

Hi,
    You are right. Just noticed that all the member information disappear. Don't know what is the reason but there are more than 100 entries there. I have to re-add in those information again. Have you come across similar problem (member information got missing) before.
    Thanks again for pin-pointing it.