Unanswered: Database design question

I am trying to design a database for my application. The application is for job resume processing and is part of my Java class. I have created a database in MS Access and later on I am going to move to MySQL. Please see the attachement. I am not sure if it is a right design, I am new to databases. Please let me know if it needs some improvement.
    Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ResumeProcessingDatabaseDesign.png  

If you are going to enter MONTHS and YEARS for skill experience, without any basis of when that data is from/for, then it's difficult to know a month or a year from now what the real experience time frame is.

I'd someone have the program back-date the skill, and then store the skill as a date, maybe with the 1st.

2010-03-01 (March 1) --- then, your query 1 year from now can say give me everyone with 2+ years of experience with JAVA.

The issue is if you enter someone with 2 years experience, and you run it next year, it will show them still as 2 years experience when they actually have 3 now.

You may say:

start date
    end date

And if the end date is not entered, it's considered 'ongoing experience and use'. You will be able to access / query that data better in the future.