var sidebar_align = 'right';
var content_container_margin = parseInt('290px');
var sidebar_width = parseInt('270px');
Unanswered: export/import tools?
What tools are available to export from Oracle and into PostgreSQL? Also I need to go in the reverse direction as well (export from PG and into Oracle).
I've used Navicat 10 to migrate 'EVERYTHING' off Oracle 11g and migrate it to PostgreSQL. There are many tools but I've only used Navicat and it worked just as described.
Below are the step to transfer data from PostgreSQL to Oracle::
1. Create a structure of the tables in Oracle Database.
2. Provide INSERT privileges for Oracle table to "postgres" user.
3. Connect the PostgreSQL Database, export data into csv format with "copy" operation
*prod=# copy test to* '/opt/test.csv' WITH csv;
4. Prepare control file to import data from CSV file using SQLloader
5. Execute the sqlloader command in Oracle Database.
$ sqlldr userid=postgres/postgres@<SID> * control=/opt/test.ctl log=/opt/test.log
Tags for this Thread