Thread: Auto Email

Auto Email

Hi All,

I've had a little rummage around but not finding anything.

I am using Access 2007.

Im looking to get the database to automatically send out an email every week to a set group of contacts. I know how to get it to manually send out a standard email. My only complication is that I need it to send the email which allows the replies to be collected into the database. Thinking about it even if it doesn’t do it automatically can I get it to save the settings so you don’t have to go through all the menus and options to get the right information sent?

Help Help Help

Take a look at the Link: Automated Email Alerts
    www.MsAccessTips.com (Learn MS-Access Tips & Tricks)
    Learn Advanced MS-Access Programming with sample VBA Code.

All responses based on Access 2003/2007

Microsoft Access Email Addin and VBA Library

I've dealt with this many times and use Total Access Emailer from FMS for automating my emails: Microsoft Access Email Add-in sends messages from your Access Databases with PDF Reports, data, HTML and text
    There should be a free trial version.

It runs as an add-in where you can setup the email specifications. Basically, you create an email blast using the table/query of email addresses. You then enter the message you want to send. The message can reference fields from your table/query so everyone gets a personalized message. Even better, you can attach reports as PDF files filtered by each person so they only get their data in their report.

The email blast is automatically saved and you can press a button to send it. You can also add the blast to a button with some VBA code. It can also be run from a macro. You can then schedule that macro from FMS's Total Visual Agent product Microsoft Access Scheduler to Launch Macros and Compact and Repair Databases Automatically: Total Visual Agent, or launch it from a Windows scheduler.

That said, the replies to the emails don't come back into the database.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by DataAnalyzer; 03-29-12 at 00:58.