Unanswered: CREATE SERVER does not complete; server becomes unresponsive

DB2/AIX64 9.5.5
    AIX Version 6.1-05-01-1016

We are attempting to execute the CREATE SERVER statement on DB2 9.5 on AIX to create a federated database. The command below is issued from while connected to database XXXSTP:

CREATE SERVER XXXOPP TYPE DB2/UDB VERSION '9.5' WRAPPER DRDA AUTHID "XXX" PASSWORD "*****" OPTIONS( ADD DBNAME 'XXXOPP')

The command does not return a response, either success or error. It just spins. Eventually the server becomes unresponsive. Attempts to connect to the server fail with a communication error. Once the server is re-started connections can once again be made.

We have tried the command from the DB2 prompt on the server, from IBM Data Studio and using Control Center. The result is the same in all three cases.

Database XXXOPP exists on the same server as database XXXSTP and is otherwise accessible. The AUTHID and PASSWORD are correct. We noted that in the DB2 documentation it uses keyword 'AUTHORIZATION' instead of 'AUTHID'. We tried that but got the same result.

The same command executed successfully in our test environment on a different server. It is failing in the production environment.

The CREATE WRAPPER command completed successfully in the production environment.
    i.e.,
    CREATE WRAPPER DRDA LIBRARY 'libdb2drda.a'
    DB20000I The SQL command completed successfully.

Has anybody seen / resolved this before? Any help appreciated.

Provided Answers: 5
    I have not had this happen, but the first thing that comes to mind is do you have the DBM parameter "FEDERATED" turned on?

IBM DB2 9.5 Information Center for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

Andy

Yes, should have mentioned that 'federated' is on:

Federated Database System Support (FEDERATED) = YES

Provided Answers: 5
    You can try applying the latest fixpack and see if that does not fix it. Otherwise I would contact IBM and open a PMR.

Andy

This was eventually resolved. Root cause was a misconfigured node pointing at the wrong port.