Thread: Hi

Unanswered: Hi

I have a requirement to update from one database to another.. say when i perform any operation on database A, the same changes need to be reflected in Database B (same copy of database A)... Can anyone pls suggest me the procedure ?

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    Data Guard
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

It depends on where the two databases are situated and secondly what the function of the two databases should be. Based on those criteria, I would choose between Oracle Replication and Oracle Standby Database

A hacked solution would to execute the same DML against the remote database accross a database link

It depends on where the two databases are situated and secondly what the function of the two databases should be. Based on those criteria, I would choose between Oracle Replication and Oracle Standby Database

A hacked solution would to execute the same DML against the remote database accross a database link

Provided Answers: 1
    If you choose the Data Guard/Standby Database option be aware that there are two types of standby databases - Physical & Logical. Choose which one you want very carefully, as they both approach the standby process differently.
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.