Position: Red Hat Linux System Administrator (RHEL Administrator @ MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN DUE TO SPECIAL ACCESSES)
Duration: 4 years (length of the ederal contract)
Location: Suitland, MD
All candidates must be local to the DC/VA/MD area. Required to be on-site Mon-Fri.
The Linux system administrator will perform all administration and maintenance tasks for approximately 200 Red Hat Enterprise Linux(RHEL) servers including planning, installing, configuring, maintaining, and monitoring. The Red Hat clustering suite (including GFS) will be maintained and operated. The administrator will allocate storage for operating systems and applications. The systems will be patched and maintained at the proper security benchmark level. Middleware software installations will be performed.
· 7 years experience performing system administration responsibilities for Red Hat Linux Servers RHEL 5 & RHEL 6. [Expert Skill Level in the administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux].
· Experience configuring and administrating Red Hat Linux security and performing benchmark and security remediation
· Expert skill in writing and maintaining scripts (e.g. kornshell or Perl) and cron jobs
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Good attitude and willingness to learn is required
· Experience with blade server configuration and administration a plus
· Federal Government experience preferred
· Experience with Java
· Experience with SAN Boot, Multi-path configuration, and SAN configuration
· Knowledge of US Census Bureau data helpful, but not mandatory
· Perform system administration responsibilities for Red Hat Linux Servers. (55%)
· Install, configure, and maintain operating system and system software. (15%)
· Implement security controls on Red Hat Servers (10%)
· Write and maintain scripts and Cron jobs (10%)
· Configure, and maintain commercial off the shelf middleware products. (10%)
U.S. Department of Commerce Security Clearance required
Must be a US Citizen and able to pass the standard background investigation for government work and be authorized to work in the United States for at least 2 years preceding the application.