Unanswered: Help With Listbox

Hello,

Very confusing to try & explain which is possibly why i cant figure it out.. im open to any and all suggestions... I had assumed Listbox would be the only way. I am writing database for International Shipping Company.
    I have multiple forms for entering the Shipper / Reciever / Tracking & booking Details for a shipment.. The table that data is stored in is ExpRecords & the Link i am using between all forms is my companies reference number "AEC".

During shipping process my company needs to setup multiple things per shipment..
    1) Booking ( with actual booking & sailing information for air/ocean shipment)
    2) Trucker Move Order ( Trucking loading the cargo date & time )
    3) Dock Receipt ( Which is a form that is like a commercial invoice or bill of lading.)

Now... if we were to have a single shipment with TWO containers or TWO crates... There is possibility we would need to create TWO dock Receipts & two Trucker Move orders.. Thats where im stuck.. I could create one but not two.

I need the user to be able to make a selection of what he wants to create (Maybe a combo box ? BOOKING / MOVE ORDER/ DOCK RECEIPT) When the user selects that... It will need to OPEN the form i have made (ExpBooking,ExpMoveorder & ExpDockReceipt ) & pull in the information already entered elsewhere with some forms that need to be edited. The user would need to be able to access that record at later time.. So if i had for instance 5 cars to ship.. .I would need 5 seperate move orders & 5 seperate dock receipts. I am guessing i need another table for each type of item that can be added... Link them by AEC (my reference number) & then give them another ID to show they belong to that record?

I was thinking that a list box would properly display them like below.

(Combo Box )
    ''where user can select to make new Move order/ Booking / Dock receipt''

(Listbox)
    '' Where it displays what has been created, You can double click to open it & edit it. Below is example.. these lines would be click able - open the corresponding form & record.
    BOOKING
    MOVE ORDER
    MOVE ORDER
    DOCK RECEIPT
    DOCK RECEIPT

Im Very confused... It seems to me like when you select a "New Item" you would assign it with current shipment reference but then also another ID because there is multiple records to every ONE shipment. Please help!!!

Instead of a listbox, I suggest you have another combobox, textbox, or MsgBox with a prompt asking "How many " <the document name here> "do you want to generate?" and allow the user to enter a number: 5 in your scenario. In the Update event (of the combo or text boxes) or after receiving the "Msg" from the MsgBox function, simply do a For Next loop opening the appropriate form (you already know which form it is, from the previous combobox), saving the record, closing the form, and re-opening until the loop is completed as many times as necessary.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunk23 View Post
    BOOKING
    MOVE ORDER
    MOVE ORDER
    DOCK RECEIPT
    DOCK RECEIPT
    Is this outbound shipping, inbound shipping or both?
    Are the five items listed above considered siblings or parent-child?

This would be OUTbound shipping. The booking / dock receipt / move order are all child tables based off the main parent table ExpRecords.