Unanswered: Always experiencing disabled accessbility mode in Oracle Enterprise Manager

Hi Master,

I have 2 Oracle 11g (11.2.0.1) database instances in OEL 5.6. They have both enterprise managers at the same time. However every time I access the other database instance it always says:

Code:
    Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Console	11.2.0.1.0
    Accessibility Mode		Disabled
    Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Release 2 Database Control License Information
    Copyright  1996, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.
    Oracle, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, and Retek are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
    You can also use the Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control to provide centralized management for groups of hosts, databases, application servers, and web applications as well as customized managed targets. Learn more about Enterprise Manager on the Oracle Technical Network. (http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/oem).
    Warning: Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this program, or any portion of it, is subject to civil and criminal penalties.
    It's always saying that it is disabled and what I have to do is to drop and re-create the repository for the other EM instance.

1. Can't I run both Oracle Enterprise Manager at the same time?

2. Is there a way to avoid this?

I need this to tune sql queries and check the health of the database and doing this it takes up time. Please help. Thanks.

Provided Answers: 1
    1. You should be able to run both together. Are both trying to share the same port?

2. Use Grid Control.
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

Hi,

If you're talking about the LISTENER port yes they are the same, 1521, but if you're talking about the EM port one is 1158 the other is 5500.

Unfortunately GRID not currently installed in the system.

I've seen in the oracle forums changing xml config files for EM but that still doesn't work. Any ideas why this happens?

When I do the reconfig of the repository EM works but after that it would be in disabled state again. Thanks.

Provided Answers: 1
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.