Unanswered: Using IIF to create Field based on Another

Good Morning,

I am trying to create a field in a query called "Location" using the IIF function. The field is a Text field because some of the data is alpha numeric.

I type the function out, and when I run it it gives my True value to everything in the table and not just those I want to have it. I pasted the start of my formula below.

Location: IIf([Visits]![Procedure Code]="59200" Or "59400","In-Patient","Other")

Also, is there some way I can do the list, as this is only 2 of 39 for this particular piece.

Quote Originally Posted by CHI Brian View Post
    Location: IIf([Visits]![Procedure Code]="59200" Or "59400","In-Patient","Other")
    Did you actually mean this?
    IIf( ([Visits]![Procedure Code]="59200") Or ([Visits]![Procedure Code]="59400"), "In-Patient","Other")

I also recived notice of a reply for use of the "In" Functions which also worked.

However it didn't take all of my list. I have 3 sections that break down into 3 different Locations. The total number of Procedure Codes I have is 172, It took most of them but cut off after so many. Is there alimit to this and if so what would be a better way to do this that would retain all of my codes?

Put the 172 in a table and join that to your query?

Thank you!

I didn't think of that and I should have.