The position will be to provide database and data administration support and thought leadership to an effort to streamline and automate a legacy mainframe process consisting of approximately 200 COBOL and FOCUS programs. You will need to analyze and compile requirements and support the development of a solution for performing the extraction, analysis, and merging of data from various sources including mainframe flat files and RDBMs into a final end product summary file used for reporting. The person must be forward thinking and posses the skills and experience necessary to develop a solution that will be bring efficiencies and automation to the process. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential as the position will be client facing.
Key Factors: Specific Criteria bullets (for the req): (must haves, # of years, similar applications, related experience, etc.)
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Must have database administration experience with Oracle, DB2, or SQL Server.
• Must have experience with IBM mainframes and working with flat files.
• Must have knowledge of COBOL, FOCUS, JCL, and modern programming languages such as Java.
• Must have experience with the full system development life cycle.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be outgoing and comfortable with working with customer contacts.
• Must be a self starter and take responsibility for completing assignments on time.
• Must be proficient in MS Office suite.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Experience with modern programming languages such as JAVA is desired.