Please note that the job description listed on the BNY Mellon careers website is less accurate than the description below:
This position will be responsible for assisting in the improvement of operating workflows by developing PC based programs that can facilitate: expense processing, NAV Preparation, reconciliations, pricing validations / comparisons, etc. In this capacity, the department members will be required to work very closely with designated individuals within the operating areas for the purpose of developing and documenting Business Requirements. Department members will be responsible for preparing documentation including functional requirements, user testing plans, schedules, test cases and procedures. In addition, department members will be responsible for effecting implementation within the requesting operating area including the training of staff who will be utilizing the developed product.
A primary responsibility will be to ensure that program development is:
• Performed in a consistent fashion following established standards
• Completed in a fashion that can be leveraged / readily modified as business needs within this activity tend to be dynamic, and
• Documented in a manner that is understandable both from a technical and user perspective in order to facilitate learning / training.
• Expert VBA programming knowledge
• Proficiency in Microsoft Access and Excel
• SunGard knowledge a plus
• SQL knowledge a plus
• .Net or C# knowledge a plus
• Ability to work on a project as an individual and as part of a team
• Ability to analyze procedures/system and recommend changes/enhancements for efficiencies
• Detail oriented
• Proven project management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Problem solver, Creative, Curious, Tenacious
• Knowledge of Fund Accounting / Securities Processing a plus.
* College degree or equivalent experience preferred