Unanswered: Data Sycing in SQL Table Help

Hello,

In our office we have inhouse application for Timekeeper. Its a webbased time sheet for employee they can log in with their id and password and punch in their time. Application is written in ASP and back end is SQL server. I am not a programmer and a Netwrok guy. Company hire someone to build the software and person is no longer with the company and I am not sure what I am looking for so I need experts help.

We have Microsoft GP Dynamics where all our employee is listed which is also connected to sql. Now I went to sql and open the database for " TimeKeeper" and we have a table called dbo.employee. I need to know where I can go in sql server to find how that table sync with Microsoft GP Dynamics and update the employee list byitself.

I hope it make sense.

Here is picture diagram

Sql server
    + GP Dynamics database
    + TimeEntry database
    +dbo.employee Table sync with GP database employee table

Please take a look at the screen shot and please direct me where i can look for in the sql server.

Thanks,
    Arpit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  

Provided Answers: 54
    There are too many possible places to even have a good start at helping you, but I'd start with the SQL Agent Jobs and see if anything looked promising there.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Just Curious...do you have any store procedures?
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Yes Two store precedure

dbo.Populate_Extract_Data
    dbo.Populate_Extract_Data2

Those stored procedures are likely candidates for actually copying the data, but they have to be called by something and I'd bet that they are called from a SQL Agent Job.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Pat,

Thank you for suggestion. I check the Agent job and it was right there but now I have another problem. I can not understand the any word from Job.

Here is the Detail

Under Job folder I have found dts_employee_sync package but all the valuse inside is number which doesn't make sense to me.

Then I check under Data Tranformation Services Tab and I found dts_employee_sync package. How I can read this or how i can see where it is syncing from?

Thank you for helping me on this.

Double click the dts_employee_sync package under Data Transformation Services. If you are running SQL 2000 it should open a new window with the contents of the package displayed for you.

You should see a number of graphic objects that represent logical steps, milestones, operations, etc. My first guess is that one or more of those operations within the DTS package call the stored procedures, but that is only a guess. Beware that the connectors within a DTS package can also execute code, so you may need to examine the "lines" that connect the objects as well as the objects themselves.

-PatP

Hi Pat,

I am back, I found the path from the dts package but need your help with explanation.

Copy Data from Results to employee_upd Task

select employid, substring(REPLACE(CONVERT(VARCHAR(10), BRTHDATE, 1), '/', ''),1,4) as empl_pin,
    inactive, lastname, frstname,
    ( select s.employid from upr41700 s where e.supervisorcode_i = s.supervisorcode_i) as approvedby, emplclas, getdate() as updated_dt
    from upr00100 e

Thanks in Advance.
    Arpit

This is basically a SQL SELECT statement that generates a group of rows that will be inserted into the destinatation table (which appears to be named employee_upd, based up on the task name).

-PatP