Red face Unanswered: New to this, please help

Hello

I just started a new job and they want me to take two spreadsheets with individuals information and make it auto fill into a report style they have. The two spreadsheets each have information on the same people and each person appears on multiple rows of each spreadsheet. Their social security numbers would be on it so that is a way to match everyone up since more then one person may have the same name.

Can someone help me on where to begin.

Thanks!

I need to make it do the following: PERSONAL INFORMATION – Field SSN should appear on confirmation with the last 4 digits as XXXX.

DEPENDENT INFORMATION – Field Dependent SSN should appear on confirmation with the last 4 digits as XXXX. If field result for Dependent Name is blank, “No Dependents Reported” should appear once in this section. The Dependent section of the report needs to be set up so that if an associate has more than three dependents, the report expands to include more than 3 rows of dependent information.

HEALTH, DENTAL & VISION INFORMATION – An associate’s coverage should be listed in the following order: medical, dental and vision. Only the coverage the associate elected should appear. If the associate has not elected any coverage for all categories, “No Coverage Found” should appear once in this section.

FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT INFORMATION - An associate’s coverage should be listed in the following order: FSA Healthcare, FSA Dependent Care. Only the coverage the associate elected should appear. If the associate has not elected any coverage for all categories, “No Coverage Found” should appear once in this section.

LIFE & DISABILITY INSURANCE INFORMATION – Each associate will have ADDical + either a Standard Basic Life or Standard Basic Life Commissioned. In addition, the associate could have Standard Supp Life in 1X their salary up to 5X their salary. The associate could also have any of the following coverage Standard Supp Life – Flat Amount, Supp Life EE Grandfather, Standard Supp Life – Dom Part, Standard Supp Life – Spouse and Supp Life Spouse Grandfather and Dependent Child Life. In summary, each associate will have a minimum of two lines of coverage for life insurance and could have up to 5 lines. For disability, all associates will have two lines.

BENEFICIARIES – There will be at least 1 Primary Beneficiary and possibly multiple Secondary Beneficiaries with %’s assigned to each beneficiary.

A few other things:
    • The report should print as a two-sided document.
    • Labels should be printed in the same order as the individual reports so we can put the reports in sealed envelopes more easily.
    • If possible, the reports should be printed out grouped by location.

Provided Answers: 59
    is this an Excel problem or an Access problem?
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Access in the end, the original files are currently in excel but I need to make the word document filled.

Attached is the final form (for the look) everything will be put into the purple fields. My first issue is, on the spreadsheet from excel the main person is listed on multiple rows depending on how many dependents they have. Then there is a second spreadsheet which each main person is listed multiple times depending on how many beneficiaries they have. Is there a way to make access merge them by Social Security # to show the main person on one form with each beneficiary and each dependent in the proper place?
    Attached Files Attached Files