Thread: Query help

Unanswered: Query help

Hi, I've been trying to build a query that is related to a form with combo boxes, im having trouble with one part of it where i need it to return different results from combo18 based on the value the user selects....
    if the combo18 is blank it returns all records, if combo18 is "Yes" it returns all records, if combo18 is no then it only returns "No" records

im having trouble fitting this is with the rest of my query,
    any help appreciated
    thanks

Provided Answers: 14
    Please post the SQL statement of the query as it is now.
    Have a nice day!

SELECT Data.Channel, Data.Howcanwehelp, Data.MortgageType, Data.ProductType, Data.Loyalty, Data.CashbackFreelegals, Data.LTVMax, Data.Rate, Data.PRD_PCK_GRP_SCH_L
    FROM Data
    WHERE (((Data.Channel)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo0]) AND ((Data.Howcanwehelp)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo6]) AND ((Data.MortgageType)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo12]) AND ((Data.ProductType)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo16]) AND ((Data.Loyalty)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo18]) AND ((Data.CashbackFreelegals)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo22]) AND ((Data.LTVMax)>=[Forms]![Form1].[Text35])) OR (((Data.Channel)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo0]) AND ((Data.Howcanwehelp)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo6]) AND ((Data.MortgageType)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo12]) AND ((Data.ProductType)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo16]) AND ((Data.LTVMax)>=[Forms]![Form1].[Text35]) AND (([Forms]![Form1].[Combo18]) Is Null) AND (([Forms]![Form1].[Combo22]) Is Null) AND ((([Data].[Loyalty]) Like [Forms]![Form1].[Combo18]) Is Null) AND ((([Data].[LTVMax]) Like [Forms]![Form1].[Text35]) Is Null)) OR (((Data.Channel)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo0]) AND ((Data.Howcanwehelp)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo6]) AND ((Data.MortgageType)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo12]) AND ((Data.ProductType)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo16]) AND ((Data.Loyalty)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo18]) AND ((Data.LTVMax)>=[Forms]![Form1].[Text35]) AND ((([Data].[CashbackFreelegals]) Like [Forms]![Form1].[Combo22]) Is Null)) OR (((Data.Channel)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo0]) AND ((Data.Howcanwehelp)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo6]) AND ((Data.MortgageType)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo12]) AND ((Data.ProductType)=[Forms]![Form1].[Combo16]) AND ((Data.LTVMax)>=[Forms]![Form1].[Text35]) AND ((([Data].[Loyalty]) Like [Forms]![Form1].[Combo18]) Is Null) AND ((([Data].[CashbackFreelegals]) Like [Forms]![Form1].[Combo22]) Is Null))
    ORDER BY Data.PRD_PCK_GRP_SCH_L;

Its a bit messy and didnt start off like that but ive been adding things to it and it works apart from what i need above.