Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3

    db2 connect - SQLSTATE=58004

    hi all
    i get this when i try to connect to my db2

    omeins1@vme-db-1:~> db2 connect to OME1
    SQL1042C An unexpected system error occurred. SQLSTATE=58004

    i can start and stop db but cannot connect to it

    please, anyone any ideea?
    thank you in advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,737
    Check the following file for error messages:

    $HOME/sqllib/db2dump/db2diag.log
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by lucianv View Post
    hi all
    i get this when i try to connect to my db2

    omeins1@vme-db-1:~> db2 connect to OME1
    SQL1042C An unexpected system error occurred. SQLSTATE=58004

    i can start and stop db but cannot connect to it

    please, anyone any ideea?
    thank you in advance
    Have you looked in db2diag.log?
    --
    Lennart

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3
    yes but i didn t find something that can help me....
    is there something that i should look for in particular?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by lucianv View Post
    yes but i didn t find something that can help me....
    is there something that i should look for in particular?
    Probably "LEVEL: Severe". Check out what LEVELS there are by:

    grep LEVEL db2diag.log | cut -f2 -d: | sort -u

    output probably looks something like:

    Error
    Error (OS)
    Event
    Info
    Severe
    Warning

    use less, vim or whatever to search for level of interest, or you can use the db2diag tool:

    db2diag -l severe

    You can probably use db2diag in a lot of other ways to pinpoint your error (db2diag -?).
    --
    Lennart

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3
    Hi and really thank you for your answer
    here is output from grep log

    vme-db-1:/ardome/db/omeins1/sqllib/db2dump # grep LEVEL db2diag.log | cut -f2 -d: | sort -u
    Critical
    Error
    Error (OS)
    Event
    Info
    Severe
    Warning
    SQLO_REVISE, SQLO_READONLY, SQLO_SHAREREAD, SQLO_SECTOR_ALIGNED, SQLO_NO_THREAD_LEVEL_FILE_LOCK
    SQLO_REVISE, SQLO_READONLY, SQLO_SHAREWRITE, SQLO_SECTOR_ALIGNED, SQLO_NO_THREAD_LEVEL_FILE_LOCK
    SQLO_REVISE, SQLO_READWRITE, SQLO_SHAREREAD, SQLO_WRITETHRU, SQLO_SECTOR_ALIGNED, SQLO_NO_THREAD_LEVEL_FILE_LOCK
    vme-db-1:/ardome/db/omeins1/sqllib/db2dump #



    le

    maybe this is usefull too

    vme-db-1:/ardome/db/omeins1/sqllib/db2dump # db2ls

    Install Path Level Fix Pack Special Install Number Install Date Installer UID
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    /opt/ibm/db2/V9.7 9.7.0.2 2 Tue Jun 28 15:27:14 2011 EEST 0
    vme-db-1:/ardome/db/omeins1/sqllib/db2dump #

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by lucianv View Post
    Hi and really thank you for your answer
    here is output from grep log

    vme-db-1:/ardome/db/omeins1/sqllib/db2dump # grep LEVEL db2diag.log | cut -f2 -d: | sort -u
    Critical
    Error
    Error (OS)
    Event
    Info
    Severe
    Warning
    SQLO_REVISE, SQLO_READONLY, SQLO_SHAREREAD, SQLO_SECTOR_ALIGNED, SQLO_NO_THREAD_LEVEL_FILE_LOCK
    SQLO_REVISE, SQLO_READONLY, SQLO_SHAREWRITE, SQLO_SECTOR_ALIGNED, SQLO_NO_THREAD_LEVEL_FILE_LOCK
    SQLO_REVISE, SQLO_READWRITE, SQLO_SHAREREAD, SQLO_WRITETHRU, SQLO_SECTOR_ALIGNED, SQLO_NO_THREAD_LEVEL_FILE_LOCK
    vme-db-1:/ardome/db/omeins1/sqllib/db2dump #



    le

    maybe this is usefull too

    vme-db-1:/ardome/db/omeins1/sqllib/db2dump # db2ls

    Install Path Level Fix Pack Special Install Number Install Date Installer UID
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    /opt/ibm/db2/V9.7 9.7.0.2 2 Tue Jun 28 15:27:14 2011 EEST 0
    vme-db-1:/ardome/db/omeins1/sqllib/db2dump #

    I would start looking at the critical ones and see if they reveal something
    --
    Lennart

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •