Unanswered: How do I have text box label show record data?

I have a text box included in a group footer that shows the count of a particular record. How do I have the label for that text box show the record?

The field is called Genre. For example, for the Rock albums, I would like it to display

Total Rock Albums

and so on for Jazz, Blues, etc.

You have to make the "label" an unbound control with a Data Source that looks something like ="Total "& [Genre] &" Albums". The quotation marks tell it to put in some text, the ampersand tells it to concatentate it with whatever comes next - in this case the contents of your field - and then concatenate some more text.
    I've used these forever when creating form letters.

Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by trowe View Post
    You have to make the "label" an unbound control with a Data Source that looks something like ="Total "& [Genre] &" Albums". The quotation marks tell it to put in some text, the ampersand tells it to concatentate it with whatever comes next - in this case the contents of your field - and then concatenate some more text.
    I've used these forever when creating form letters.
    That worked perfect. Half of the battle of this stuff is knowing the correct terminology in order to ask the right question. Thank you for the solution, much obliged!

Guiseppe