Unanswered: Print all Files within Folder and Sub folders

Hello,

I need some help. Ive looked all over for a way to do this, and cant seem to come to grips with what to do.

Lets say I have a folder "C:\User\Desktop\Folder"
    which has many sub folders "C:\User\Desktop\Folder\sub1.....sub2 etc"

what I need to do, is have a button within a form (VB Script) that will print all the files (PDF and DOC) to my printer. So, I imagine it to be some loop that goes through and looks in each subfolder (and sub folders with sub folders) and sends each PDF and WORD DOC to my printer.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Provided Answers: 59
    so what precisely does this have to do with Access?

in the good old days you could have just piped the files straight to the printer port, but in the era of supposedly easier to use consumer products I doubt you can use that trick, especially if your printer cannot recognise specific formats.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

The issue is that there are files put into sub folders by multiple users. They are contracts.

What I need to do, on a routine basis, is print all these files out for storage/review purposes.

So, instead of going into each folder/sub folder, and printing each file, I want a script to do it for me.

Theres about 100 plus files each time I do this....

fair enough
    but I repeat what the heck has this to do with Access?

Its just a platform Im in already doing other tasks realted to the project....just wanted to keep it all in central place (tasks).

plus...for me it would just be easier.

you could invoke a VBScript from within Access by shelling out to windows scripting host (WSH)
    but you can't use vbscript inside an Access application, hence my comment what the heck has this to do with Access....

all you would do inside Access is shell out to WSH, but the development of the script is outside the scope of the Access forum

but I doubt anyone here as any especially helpful advice on what that VBScript should be, doing a quick google suggests that there is knowledge out there on what you want to do.

I suppose you coudl (probably) use Access to identify the files, and then pass them to an open instance of a program

command line switches for acrobat
    http://livedocs.adobe.com/acrobat_sd...SDK.22.31.html
    for word
    Google
    the issue I can see is how you handle different versions, different file locations and so on.