Thread: Db2 Migration

Unanswered: Db2 Migration

I migrated a backup from a db9.5 linux to a db2 9.7 linux environment.
    After the restore command I got the following output..

SQL2517W The database was restored and then upgraded to the current release.
    The database upgrade returned sqlcode "1243" and tokens "sqledrpdb2lk ".

I checked it and found the solution to this.. also I was told that I need to run the following commands
    db2updv97
    db2iupdt inst_name
    db2 migrate database dbname

I did those as well... But the DB is very slow... I have moved it to a better server with more memory and cpu and also the configuration file has been optimized to get better performance but for some reason the performance is still slow....

Any idea if I missed anything during the migration that may be causing this??

Provided Answers: 11
    you could check runstats - index usage - take snapshot of slow application and try to find ..the problem..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Cool

Please use db2imgrt command followed with the db name after you restore the backup copy in the higher version.. this will update the db2 libraries.

Provided Answers: 11
    db2imgrt .??
    db2imgr is for migrating an instance to a different version/level not for db
    not needed for bu/rest
    db2 migrate db for db migration (already executed)
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Lightbulb

I am sorry for the confusion, I would have read your question clearly.

Please make sure the indexes were correctly rebuild after the migration, and if not please recreate them...

Make sure the application server is compatible with the current db2 version.

also check for the cpu utilizations, memory utilizations on the server. .

By rebuild you mean recreated or are you talking about inconsistent indexes?

Arrow

Yep !

after you take the access plan for the querys performing very slow, make sure the indexes were valid and utilized..
    Compare the explain plans before/after migrating .. if you have old ones still with you.

And make sure you dont use type 1 indexes.

Hope you had STMM tuned to ON......... If not, I would suggest you to do that.

Regards
    Ganesh