Exclamation Unanswered: Need help cascading combo boxes using a junction table

I'm really hoping someone can answer this for me, I've been trying to figure it out for 2 days.

I have a Production Data form for users to input their end of shift information into. I would like them to populate the Machine combo box then in turn the Tool combo box would only show the tools used on that machine.

I have a Machine table (macMachine, macDesc), Tool table (tlToolNum, tlToolDesc, tlMinutes/Shift, tlPieces Per Hour, tlCycleTime) and MachineTool (macMachine, macDesc, tlToolNum, tlToolDesc) table for the many-to-many relationship.

I can't figure out how to populate the combo boxes to get the desired results.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JFofOH; 04-12-12 at 11:39.

Provided Answers: 14
    Assuming that the bound column for the Machine combo (let's call it cboMachine) relates to [macMachine], try:
    Code:
    Private Sub CboMachine_AfterUpdate()

Me.cboTool.RowSource = "SELECT Tool.tlToolNum, Tool.tlToolDesc, Tool.[tlMinutes/Shift], Tool.[tlPieces Per Hour], Tool.tlCycleTime " & _
                               "FROM MachineTool INNER JOIN Tool ON MachineTool.tlToolNum = Tool.tlToolNum " & _
                               "WHERE MachineTool.macMachine = " & Me.CboMachine.Value
        Me.cboTool.Requery

End Sub
    If [macMachine] is not numeric, use:
    Code:
    " "WHERE MachineTool.macMachine = '" & Me.CboMachine.Value & "'"
    And adapt the code to the real names in your application.
    Have a nice day!

Thank you!!

Provided Answers: 14
    You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!