Unanswered: Looking for SQL DBA job: hold MCTS and OCP DBA certificates, with limited SQL server

Hi !

I hold OCP DBA certificate and years of experience with Oracle. My real life SQL Server experience is limited, i.e. I have had access to SQL databases, worked with T-SQL, created data extracts and generated .NET reports, etc. but it is not recent and it has never been real SQL database administration.

However, I have MCP Certificate for SQL 2000 gained a few years ago and recently I have passed 70-432 and become MCTS SQL 2008.

What is the best way to convince employers to give me a chance, having lots of experience with another platform (Oracle) and MCTS SQL 2008 Certificate, but with limited and not recent experience?

The reason why I am trying to do this is that Oracle is not big in the city I live in and there are many small and mid-size companies with Microsoft / SQL Server based systems. Thus, there are many SQL DBA jobs, some require both platforms and only a few for Oracle.

Many people say experience is the key; how I am to get it? Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions.

Thank you!

Provided Answers: 1
    I wouldn't think you'd have any problem finding a job in a shop that ran mixed Oracle/SQL Server environments.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman "sqlblindman"