Unanswered: Which exam to take?

Hello Everyone,
    I want to switch career,and want to get into sql development.Could someone please tell me which exam should I take up,and which books to refer. Thanks!!

Provided Answers: 6
    I would focus less on what test you take and more on what books you should read and what you should know.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Thanks for replying.Could you name a few books which I can refer,and what should I know.I have started learning through study material I have found online.But,it is very vast and it confuses me.

Provided Answers: 6
    I would start slowly with the basics. Rudy, who haunts this forum has a good book on the basics, called Simply SQL. A lot of the beginner books I used are so old now, they would be out of date with the current versions of SQL. After you have read the basics, I move on to read books by Itzik Ben-Gahn, Kimberly Tripp, and Kalen Delaney if you are going to go down the Micrsoft SQL Server route and if you want to be a developer.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.