Unanswered: DB2 Replication Issue

Hi guys,

I setup a new replication environment and I'm getting a strange error when I start capture program :
    2012-04-13-16.49.27.099445 ASN0552E "Capture" : "ASN" : "HoldLThread" : The program encountered an SQL error. The server name is "". The SQL request is "LOCK TABLE". The table name is "ASN.IBMSNAP_CAPENQ". The SQLCODE is "-551". The SQLSTATE is "42501".

This error is related to permission but the id that runs capture program belongs to db2admin group.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Provided Answers: 11
    db2admin group. : sysadm - dba ??
    always check if this user/group has the authority to this table : see catalog tables
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Quote Originally Posted by przytula_guy View Post
    db2admin group. : sysadm - dba ??
    always check if this user/group has the authority to this table : see catalog tables
    Hi Guy,

yes, the id that is kicking-off the capture program belongs to sysadm group. The id does have all grants there ... Thats whay it's a 'strange situation' ..

Provided Answers: 1
    Depending on the DB2 version (which you chose not to disclose for some reason), the SYSADM authority may not have permissions to access database data, unless those permissions have been explicitly granted.

Quote Originally Posted by n_i View Post
    Depending on the DB2 version (which you chose not to disclose for some reason), the SYSADM authority may not have permissions to access database data, unless those permissions have been explicitly granted.
    Hi,

I just forgot to post here DB2 version ....

Level --> "DB2 v9.7.0.5",

Importante thing to tell you, I have another environment that uses the same setup and works fine!! The only different thing is that DB2 level is "DB2 v9.7.0.4"

Should I try to grant control on the control tables to the id ?

Provided Answers: 1
    Check this out: What's new in DB2 V9.7: System administrator (SYSADM) authority scope has changed

In short, yes, you need to grant at least the required privileges explicitly.