Thread: Tuning SQL

Unanswered: Tuning SQL

Hey guys,

I'm doing a final paper of college and this is about tuning of sql.
    I'm using the package DBMS_SQLTUNE of Oracle Database to take some recommendations of a particular sql statement. And i want to know if somebody knows some command in PostgreSQL that do something like that..

And also i'm accessing this table 'V$SQLAREA' of Oracle Database to take some informations about every sql that is runing on database.. And i want to know the same thing.. if exist some command in PostgreSQL that do something like that..

Thanks a lot for your help..
    Att.
    Last edited by mestre_leo; 04-17-12 at 08:32.

Provided Answers: 1

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by mestre_leo View Post
    I'm using the package DBMS_SQLTUNE of Oracle Database to take some recommendations of a particular sql statement. And i want to know if somebody knows some command in PostgreSQL that do something like that..
    I think you need to explain what exactly DBMS_SQLTUNE does in Oracle. Most / many in the PostgreSQL don't know Oracle embedded tools or features since Oracle is NOT PostgreSQL so we can't compare or recommend A for B until we can see what 'A' actually is...

Actually DBMS_SQLTUNE return some recommendations about the SQL statement, like what we need to do reduce the execution time of the SQL.
    For example, create a index in some column, etc..

And the table 'V$SQLAREA' give us information about every SQL statement that was executed on database.
    For example: PARSE_CALLS, DISK_READS, BUFFER_GETS, CPU_TIME...
    Thanks for your help!!!
    Last edited by mestre_leo; 04-19-12 at 22:09.

SQL-profiler tool allows users to capture workloads running on their server and examine each query in detail, viewing the query plan and resource/execution statistics for each individual query, and aggregate statistics for each different query executed with the workload captured. Poorly running queries can also be run through the Index Advisor when work working with Postgres Plus Advanced Server advising on and optionally creating new indexes to improve query performance.

SQL Profiler | EnterpriseDB

--Raghu

SQL-profiler is a tool that i can download? because my intention is get this informations through the database, without use a external tool.
    understand me?
    Thank you!!!