Unanswered: How to pull existing table from Database and merge in to new database.

Hello,

I am new to sql and my boss want me to write the program for database and he wants to pull the info from existing table from sql server which is used by Microsoft GP Dynamics and write me code or some kind of front end so when he wants he can pull same data from GP dynamics table and generate some report with other custom table.

How i can do this task? What I have to do in sql so I can use same table to view info in real time so that means if i enter new data in the table it will show up same time in the front end as well.

Thank you for looking in to this.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by arpitbpatel View Post
    I am new to sql and my boss want me to write the program for database

How i can do this task?
    Step 1: Spend 2 years learning database design.
    Step 2: Repeat Step 1.
    Step 3. Design your database.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

If you don't want to answer then don't waste my time and your time.

Provided Answers: 6
    Let's not be rude. It is just what you are asking is something akin to "I have never played or seen a piano before and I need to recite some Chopin this week. Can you help me?"

It sounds like you already have a database and you just need to display this information. I try to stay away from Great Pains (I am not misspelling that) and I have not seen it in years, but surely the current version has a reporting module for customizable reports. You should learn how to do that maybe, and maybe start by reading the Great Pains documentation.

There are consultants and company's that specialize in General Dynamics. It might be easier and faster to outsource this.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Provided Answers: 1
    My answer was completely serious.
    Take my advice, or don't take it. But neither you nor your boss can expect someone to walk in off the street and design an enterprise database.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com