Thread: Ahhh! Help!

Unanswered: Ahhh! Help!

Hi there.

I'm new to "dBforums" and I'm also new to Microsoft Access, SQL and all things database related! I'm in desperate need of some support, my lecturer at University is on sick-leave and I need support with the following instructions... Would somebody be as kind to help me? Pretty please...

Here's an extract from the brief... Note: I've got to create a database for a music collection i.e. track number, track title, artist, album.

Enter some sample data into your database (in Access). For two records in different tables, write down SQL INSERT statements that would enter the data. You can test these in SQL view in an access query, or in Oracle.
    The quality of the data matters, not the quantity: the data set should be designed especially to illustrate fully the possible variations, including the cardinality and participation and borderline values. To achieve this, you will normally need approximately 5 records for "parent" tables, approx. 10 records for "child" tables.

Create and test 5 SELECT queries, to include the 4 specific queries included in the scenario description below and one additional, complex query of your choice. You may break complex queries down into several "sub-queries" as you wish. Implement the queries in Access, writing your own SQL for at least two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1106472 View Post
    Would somebody be as kind to help me? Pretty please...
    well, you certainly are polite

what have you got so far?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

LOL, thank you!

So far, I've got a basic Access database with two tables which contain "Track No, Title" and "Album, Artist" respectively. I think I've finally began to understand Access, I still can't understand SQL Inserts' though.

David

you'll need another column in the tracks table to link each track to the album which it's on
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL