Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: You do not have the necessary permissions to use the <name> object. Have your system

Good day,

I am getting the above error when I try and open an Access 2003 database. nothing I do seems to work. There is only a MDB file and no other files that I can see. I have seen posts that refer to other files that need to be associated with the mdb file but there are none. This is a VEYR old database system which suddenly my company wants to revive.

Is there a way I can get into the database and see the objects and tables?

I have tried importing te database into SQL and no luck, same error.

Please someone help me.

Provided Answers: 59
    the fault you are getting is where an object has been assigned to specific users or user groups

it may be that you can clear it by making certain your user id is correctly assigned to the relevant user groups in the workgroup file.

failing that:-
    try importing all the objects into a new Access db
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I only have 2 files, a mdb and mda file. What file are you refering to?

I have tried importing int a fresh database but get the same error message.

Is there away to remove this asignment of permissions based on groups / user groups so I can view the access syetm? Even if it means just read only access.

Ok an update. I have now tracked down an mdw file from an old PC that wasn't wiped clean. So on my laptop I now have 2 MDB files, 1 MDA and 1 MDW file.

I still get the same error though. Do I need to associate the files together or modify them or something? I have worked with Access in the past but never with MDW and MDA files so I am rather out of my depth and would appreciate any help.