This position is located in Germantown, MD.
POSITION OVERVIEW - SYSTEM ANALYST/Susiness system analyst
This position offers the right candidate an exciting opportunity to support the iCase Team in the growing Transportation Central & Local Government (TCLG) sector within Client Business Services. This position combines business analysis with process optimization and system design and testing. This fast growing, dynamic environment can provide a successful candidate with the opportunity to grow in a number of directions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Analyzing business processes and performing needs assessments to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
• Interpreting business needs and translating them into system requirements.
• Writing and interpreting business specifications to develop, maintain, and support automated business processes.
• Providing technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost-effective and meet business client requirements.
• Planning and executing system integration testing and acceptance testing including selecting appropriate methods for requirements capture, system design, and system testing.
• Successfully testing assigned change requests, system enhancements, defect fixes, and process changes as determined by management.
• Leading meetings with system developers, system security analysts, and business clients when necessary.
• Documenting the status of proposed and actual system changes, and communicating with a broad set of stakeholders about that status.
• Assisting in the diagnosis, analysis, and remediation of system and data issues.
• Writing simple database queries, when required, to diagnose system issues and perform system testing.
• Use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve issues in creative and effective ways.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Preparing weekly and monthly reports about the above activities.
Successful candidates will work in a fast-paced development environment with new technologies and should have strong adaptive job skills and the ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: A Must
Applicants for this position must be able to meet the following criteria:
• The candidate must be able to work in the United States legally.
• The candidate must be able of obtaining and maintaining a Federal security clearance.
• The candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years experience performing business analysis and system testing.
• The candidate must have a Bachelors degree or two years of relevant professional experience - in addition to the experience required above - for each year of higher education.
• The candidate must have demonstrated experience working with databases and database schemas and be able to perform elementary database queries.
• The candiatate must be able to perform routine business analysis and system testing activities with minimal supervision.
• The candidate must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to apply these skills to work successfully at all levels within and without the organization.
QUALITY RANKING FACTORS
Preference will be given to candidates that demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Canditates with a current Federal security clearance.
• Candidates with experience and a strong working knowledge of business process optimization.
• Candidates with a working knowledge of multi-tier web application development.
• Candidates with at least two-years experience in program management and quality assurance.
• Candidates with a Bachelors degree in engineering, math, computer science, or a related field.
• Candidates who demonstrate judgement in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Candidates who demonstrate an ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data involves rapid, in-depth analysis evaluation of multiple, often-ambiguous, factors.
• Candidates with strong adaptive skills and a desire and ability to work in a growing, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
If you are available and interested PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE which will subscribe you to our emails and please forward your Resume to me or please call me ASAP at (732) 476-6040. If you do respond via e-mail please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you.If you are not interested, kindly refer anyone who would be interested. We offer great referrals!