Unanswered: Is there any db2diag db2dump file viewer?

Hi,
    yesterday I had severe problem with DB2 v9.5 on Linux, DB2 was crashing every few minutes. Looking into db2diag.log every time crash appeared there was db2dump file created. Looking into this dump binary files is nightmare - so little info is in clear text that is almost impossible to get any real info. The problem was solved getting tiny information from db2dump file. My question is, is there any tool or something to format db2dump files into human readable format?
    Thanks

Provided Answers: 11
    yes there is, because ibm support uses this to format the trap/dmp...
    it is for service people only .. you can always request ibm support center to have a copy..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

But is this tool available to download without nagging the support channel?

Dump files are only useful for db2 development (and sometimes db2 support). Trap files on Unix/Linux are readable and can help identify the root cause. If the crash is not due to a db2 bug, then the information in the db2diag.log / OS logs is helpful.

I have checked all the files, but the only useful info was in 7637.33.000.dump.bin file.

Out of curiosity, what did you find in the dump file? sql statement?

Sorry, in dump file I have found out a package name and tables that this package was accessing. That I know that the problem is related to changed primary key done in the same day. Then I have rebind the package using command "db2 rebind package <package_name>" and problem was solved. But in the mean time database was crashed 20-times in more then one hour. Not funny thing at all. I have reported a PMR now after crisis is over and it looks like a bug in DB2 and there is already APAR that recommends installing fixpack 6a for db2 v9.5.

But if similar problem appears in the future I would like to diagnose the problem much earlier without breaking the nerves. So it would be nice if db2dump file is more readable.
    Last edited by grofaty; 04-20-12 at 13:18.

The package name should also be in the db2diag.log. db2diag.log may also contain the sql text (but it gets truncated to x number of char) if the query is responsible for the crash.