Unanswered: Backup issue db2

We are getting "Database backup required" message in spite of taking daily backups. We are not able to find out reason behind it

Quote Originally Posted by varsha kharade View Post
    We are getting "Database backup required" message in spite of taking daily backups. We are not able to find out reason behind it
    Need you to copy and paste the exact message in its entirety to this thread, and explain exactly where the message was displayed.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_A View Post
    Need you to copy and paste the exact message in its entirety to this thread, and explain exactly where the message was displayed.
    Hello

we are getting following message in db2diag.log

2012-04-13-22.15.51.353391+330 E6183889E425 LEVEL: Warning
    PID : 7436 TID : 1152739648 PROC : db2acd 0
    INSTANCE: db2inst1 NODE : 000
    FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, Health Monitor, HealthIndicator::update, probe:500
    MESSAGE : ADM10502W Health indicator "Database Backup Required"
    ("db.db_backup_req") is in state "Manual backup required" on
    "database" "db2inst1.SAMPLE ".

Sometimes we get the same error message in control center also

I would shut off the Health Monitor. It casues all kinds of problems and has been depricated by IBM.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

I second Marcu_A's suggestion.

To answer your question, it is likely that your previous backup attempts failed. Check db2diag.log or db2 list history backup all for <dbname> command to identify the cause.

In any case, perform a manual backup and see how it goes - if you have not already tried.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Quote Originally Posted by sathyaram_s View Post
    I second Marcu_A's suggestion.

To answer your question, it is likely that your previous backup attempts failed. Check db2diag.log or db2 list history backup all for <dbname> command to identify the cause.

In any case, perform a manual backup and see how it goes - if you have not already tried.
    Hello

Daily we are taking manual backups and we are getting backup complete message in db2diag.log, even we restore those backups on another server. I have even checked with db2 list history backup all for <dbname> command it shows me all the backups successful

Backup issue db2

If you are taking manually database backups, you don't need to have the database configured for automatic backups, as you actually have.
    This message (Database backup required) is a Health Monitor Alert that indicates that one or more "automatic" database backups could not complete successfully. You can disable the parameter for automatic backups, or you can also disable Health Monitor to avoid this elert message.

César

Agree with Marcus_A.

Is that the original message? It indicates that the SAMPLE db needs backup... is this perhaps not a DB you have on your backup schedule? :P