Database for Photo-video Sharing

Hello Forum members,

I have a project where I need a RDBMS that can work well with Photos and Video. Also it has to be very, very scalable. Kind of like Flickr.com

My database knowledge is very limited, but I will advocate to study the database language tat best suits this needs.

Thank you in advance,

TH

oracle oracle, microsoft sql server, ibm db2, ...

takes your pick, they are all okay
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Thank you Rudy! I appreciate the response.

I came in to Python, but after reading a lot, I couldn't find the exact use for it. I did find out that Google uses Python on their search engine.

Thanks in advance.

Rodrigo

python is not a relational database management system
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

there's separate issues
    there's the way to interact with the database (and whether you use MySQL, SQL server, POSTGRES, DB2, Oracle whatever will almost certainly be through SQL. although each SQL batabasae engine uses SQL to manipulate data there are slight differences in how they implement various things

then there's how you resent that data to the outside world and that depends on what you are trying to do, where you are trying to do it (as a web service, an interanl network a single computer and so on.

there's various languages, all of which have advantages and disadvantages ranging from conventional compiled or semi compiled languages susch as C, C++, VB, .NET and so on through to web scripting languages such as PHP, ASP, CGI ans so on. Python in many ways like PHP straddles several areas, its not just a web scripting language its also a pretty nifty interpreted language that can be used outside the web world.

if you are starting out then there is a trade off between what you can afford what you need int he future. taking time out right now to work out hte right development environment is worht it. its quite easy to chop and change, but each day you start coding stuff the harder and more exepnsive it becomes to change elements of that development environment.

just becuase google may or may not use python, doens't neccessarily make it the right or wrong language to use.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton