Unanswered: HADR Standby Hanging?

Try to do anything (snapshot, db2stop, etc.) to the standby server and the prompt just hangs. HADR is still up and running and shows from primary that standby is connected/peer.

Have they built anything clever into RHEL 5.5 or DB2 9.7.3 to shake this tree or is this going to require a good 'ol ipclean and restart during our maintenance window tonight?
    Database Server = DB2/LINUXX8664 9.7.3
    RHEL 5.5 (kernel 2.618-194.e15)

If you want to do maintenance on the standby server, such as upgrade OS, do the following on the standby:

db2 deactivate db <db-name>
    db2stop

do OS maintenance
    reboot server

dbstart (if not auto-started)
    db2 activate db <db-name>

Do the following until you see HADR is back in PEER state.
    db2pd -d <db-name> -hadr
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

This problem applies only to the HADR standby partner. Even when I only issue a "DB2 List Active Databases" the prompt hangs... I let one puTTy window just sit there for an hour just to see if it would self-correct, but nothing doing.

Since this is the standby on production I should have no problem doing this now, but our "Technology Manager" with little to no technology background insists I wait until the maintenance window to fix the standby, thus prolonging the possible risk of a total crash if primary fails for some reason before 2:45am CST tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Major_Data-Miner View Post
    This problem applies only to the HADR standby partner. Even when I only issue a "DB2 List Active Databases" the prompt hangs... I let one puTTy window just sit there for an hour just to see if it would self-correct, but nothing doing.

Since this is the standby on production I should have no problem doing this now, but our "Technology Manager" with little to no technology background insists I wait until the maintenance window to fix the standby, thus prolonging the possible risk of a total crash if primary fails for some reason before 2:45am CST tonight...
    I gave you the correct syntax to bring down the standby database for maintenance assuming the standby is in PEER state (but still the standby). If the standby is hosed for some reason, I cannot tell you what to do since I don't know what is wrong with it.
    M. A. Feldman

Yes, and thank you, I apologize, just a bit miffed... I won't know if it's hosed until 2:45am either...

If you run this, it should tell you something (can run this from the Primary Server if Standby is hanging):

db2pd -d <db-name> -hadr
    M. A. Feldman