Where to post for help for database?

Hi, I am new here and would like to post to ask someone help for a database: Where I work we lend objects or tools, and I would like a database I can use with a barcode scanner to scan objects in and out that we lend people. I have a Honeywell simple scanner and I can create the barcodes. So I need something simple to keep track of what we lend out to people.
    Thanks

The answer will depend on what software is provided with the Honeywell scanner. If you have the right interface software, you can use almost any programming tool and database engine. If you have very limited choices of software to support your scanner, it may only work with a specific programming tool and a specific database engine.

I don't know enough about your scanner to be able to help you. Can you post information on it (a model, a PDF manual, etc)? That would help a lot toward getting you a clear, simple answer.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

help with database

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan View Post
    The answer will depend on what software is provided with the Honeywell scanner. If you have the right interface software, you can use almost any programming tool and database engine. If you have very limited choices of software to support your scanner, it may only work with a specific programming tool and a specific database engine.

I don't know enough about your scanner to be able to help you. Can you post information on it (a model, a PDF manual, etc)? That would help a lot toward getting you a clear, simple answer.

-PatP
    Hi, the thing is that the scanner was left by the old owner, it's functional, I have created a few barcodes. There was no software so that is why I am looking for a simple access or vb database that I put in the items we have to lend out to people, ex: we lend a fan to mr. john doe, we scan the item, it automatically checks out (having the checkout date would be nice). When the item is returned, we just scan it to check it back in stock.

I have searched the internet for a software to do this, but all of them are more complexe than what I need to do, the closest thing to what i need is like the video rentals software. So I thought I would ask here or try and find a forum with people that have knowledge to do this.
    Thanks for your time and help. It is greatly appreciated.